Do you ever just want to prance around in your house dodging fake bullets with your wrists as if you were Linda Carter? Oh? Am I the only one?
Well I refuse to be the only one so quickly run out and get the following ingredients:
- spaghetti (I use thin but you can use whatever you prefer)
- 1 entire package smoked andouille sausage (you will need to thinly slice it)
- 3/4 onion (thinly sliced again)
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, cut each in half
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese.
Next, you need to follow the directions below. This dish is sooo easy that you will have time to play with your children and run around playing Wonder Woman as much as you possibly want to! You know you want to. You know you do.
- In a large pot over high heat, combine
everything EXCEPT the cup of grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for approximately 13 minutes or until pasta is cooked through and liquid has gone down greatly.
- Stir in cheese.
- Serve immediately, then go back to flying in your invisible plane.(This recipe was obtained and adapted from: http://damndelicious.net/2014/05/16/one-pot-pasta/)
My husband had two huge heapings of this pasta so he definitely gave the thumbs up. My son even tried it; however, the sausage was too spicy for him. Still, he tried it and when a meal is easy, a favorite of the hubbie AND the son even tries it….I truly feel like something wonderful happened! It is the little things that can make one feel as if the world is conquerable:
I always show a video at the end of a post; however, due to Maya Angelou passing away earlier this morning, I am giving you two minutes of her. Two amazing, beautiful minutes.