I know, I know. I am writing about meatloaf. Before you roll your eyes or leave my blog to blindlesssly look on Facebook or before you go on some weird internet search for Nirvana or Alice in Chains (today is the day that 12 and 20 years ago, the lead singers died..duh!) just stay for just a second. It will be worth it. Well..unless you don’t like to eat or don’t like to enjoy your food or don’t like to be happy at all. If those are the cases, then just leave. I mean it. Just go.
So if you stayed..then here you go..the best freakin meatloaf recipe ever! I grew up rolling my eyes when I heard the word meatloaf. I mean, really, even just saying the word out loud right now makes me roll my eyes. Try it. Say it out loud right now. You want to, I know you do. It is such a boring word for such a boring food…until you make this recipe. It is to die for!! If you say that last line out loud, then please, just please put some “valley girl” accent into it so you don’t sound all snobby: “It is just simply to die for darling.”
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/4 or 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup dried bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1 packet mample and brown sugar oatmeal
- Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large bowl, combine beef, egg, onion, milk, bread crumbs, and the oatmeal packet. Trust me on that one. Season with salt and pepper if you wish. Place in a lightly greased loaf pan.
- In a separate bowl, combine the brown sugar, mustard and ketchup. Mix well and pour over the meatloaf.
- Take the worcestershire sauce and just slightly cover the top.
- Bake for approximately an hour.
- Let me know what you think!!!!
And I told you that it was worth it so enjoy your next meal and for those of you that are reading this post with tears in your eyes remembering those days where we rocked out to ol’ school Alice in Chains and Nirvana, then here you go: